The Settlers, the famous build-up strategy game set in a living Medieval fantasy world, will release on PC in 2020
COLOGNE, GERMANY — August 20, 2019 — Today at gamescom, Ubisoft announced that The Settlers will release on PC in 2020 and revealed more details about the Glory winning strategy, as well as brand new gameplay features. Led by Volker Wertich, the original creator of the franchise, and developed by Ubisoft Düsseldorf, the latest version of The Settlers brings back the best, modernized elements from previous The Settlers titles, combining them with brand new features and gameplay systems. The Settlers is available for pre-order now on Uplay PC via Ubisoft Store and the Epic Games Store, and will be available on UPLAY+, Ubisoft’s subscription service. More details on UPLAY+ can be found on uplayplus.com*.
The Settlers can be played both in PVE and PVP, and features three modes for players to enjoy: Campaign, Skirmish and Multiplayer. Powered by Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine, the game will use the new procedural map generation technology of landscapes and missions, bringing to players an authentic sense of discovery, exploration and uniqueness.
Players who immerse themselves in The Settlers’ colourful open world will discover stunning visuals and the innumerable details of the Wuselig, or bustling, feeling, specific to the brand’s DNA.
Among the features in the upcoming installment, The Settlers will offer alternative methods of victory, including:
- The Combat strategy: Players would control full armies of different units, taking on and defeating enemy armies to take over or defend their territory. Special units such as army leaders can have a positive effect on their troops.
- The Glory strategy: Players would select a hero character who will fight in the arena against the enemy. Once a player initiates a battle, spectators representing both sides will gather at the arena to watch the battle. Winning a fight can lead to dissatisfaction among the defeated party. This however can lead to revolts, allowing the player to take over the enemy territory.
- The Faith strategy: the third winning strategy will allow players to inspire Faith amongst Settlers and will be detailed at a later date.
On top of that, Ubisoft revealed the editions of the game at gamescom:
- The Settlers® Standard Edition includes the base game. Players will sail towards the unknown, explore, conquer, and settle new islands in a brand new medieval fantasy world. Players can enjoy their experience playing solo or with friends with the new online multiplayer mode offering thrilling skirmishes for long-lasting fun.
- The Settlers® Gold Edition: allows players access to the game three days earlier, the Expansion One “Monuments & Merchants” and two decoration items, the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well.
- The Settlers® Entdecker Edition, a unique physical pack only available in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Poland, will offer to lucky owners the following assets in addition to the base game:
- One in-game decoration item: Gazebo of Tranquility
- Three Lithographs illustrating Settlers heroes’ adventures
- Original selected soundtrack
- The Settlers® Collector’s Edition available in Germany, Switzerland and Austria offers the most complete experience with access to the game three days earlier, Expansion One, physical items and more:
- a Numbered Collector’s Box (5,000 copies)
- One Artbook with stunning artworks
- Two in-game decoration items: the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well
- three Lithographs
- One letter from Volker Wertich, the original creator
- Flower Seeds
- Original selected soundtrack
Additionally, players who will pre-order the game will get an exclusive decorative Statue of the First Settlers, which can be placed in any of your settlements. For further details about the different editions and offers for the game, please visit store.ubi.com
The Settlers Alliance will be the key point for the community to receive the latest updates and be part of the development of The Settlers. Join us at www.thesettlers-alliance.com.
*Terms and conditions apply, including platform, age and territorial restrictions.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to diverse teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is the leading developer behind beloved games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Beyond Medusa’s Gate. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high-profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Uplay. More information at duesseldorf.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million. To learn more, please visit ubisoft.com.