Animator [ANNO] (f/m/d)
Mainz - Full-time - 743999872680326
ANNO is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands, and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade, or warfare.
As our new Animator on the ANNO team, you will help us deliver captivating content and to improve the quality of our animation and processes.
You will be able to engage with a broad range of topics and have a strong impact on the way we bring the characters, building, units, and creatures of our game to life. Giving feedback to and supporting the communication with selected outsourcing partners, will allow you to also help raise the overall visual quality of our animations.
This role will also play an important part in shaping the future of how we approach animation. You will foster animation experience within the team, research new technologies, and help us improve our pipelines.
What you will do:
- Animate characters, portraits, wildlife, hard surface assets, buildings, ships, and other within complex animation systems
- Collaborate with the Lead Artist, tech art, R&D and other Departments to create animations that fit the visual style and quality of the project
- Provide knowledge and solutions for animation problems as well as support and advice for other artists
- Provide manual keyframing editing and animations
- Set up complex animation state machines
- Provide skinning and rigging for complex characters
- Communicate with and provide feedback to outsourcing partners
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in Animation for video games, with a strong understanding of rigging, skinning, keyframe animation, motion capturing and procedural animation
- Working knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder, 3ds Max, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages
- A keen eye for motion, weight, timing, and animation
- The ability to work with a complex animation system and complex animation state machines
- Understanding of how to keep content in line with a project’s art style and to work within those limitations
- Understanding of typical workflows and tools in animation production with the ability to modify and improve them
- A pro-active attitude, with the drive and motivation to show initiative and to anticipate the needs of your project
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience with Motion editing and handling Mocap Data in Motion Builder or similar
- Experience in Motion Design
- Experience as modeler and/or texture artist
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio* or demo reel of your work with your application
*It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or by attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of character and hard surface animation (full body motion, emotions etc.)
- Examples of animation style variety
- Examples of environment animation or visual effects are a plus
- Examples of animation rigs and their functionality in a 3D package
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/