Rendering Programmer [Snowdrop] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf - Full-time - 743999847431756
As our new Rendering Programmer, you will join the Snowdrop Game Engine team and also be a part of a larger production technology department
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds.
To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life.
From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community to leverage the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
The Snowdrop engine is efficient and flexible, enabling relatively small teams to create ambitious AAA games. At the core of the Snowdrop engine, we want to empower the developers.
The Snowdrop engine, with its flexible and empowering tools, has helped develop a number of Ubisoft titles such as The Division, The Settlers, and South Park.
As our new Rendering Programmer, you get the opportunity to create the technical backbone of the game and production pipeline.
Through a focus on visualization related technologies, from low-level to high-level, you provide all the development teams with technical solutions to produce and carry out their vision and intentions into the game.
You will develop engines, tools and systems to ensure the optimal and sustainable performance of the game and pipeline.
- Provide and maintain the technical foundations for visualization features that assist our AAA production in creating memorable experiences for our players
- Research, design, implement and maintain graphics modules with a strong focus on performance, target platform budget and reusability.
- Work on multiple platforms in areas such as rendering API, asset processing, terrain and other environmental systems, lighting and special effects like post-processing and particles.
- Maintain and extend the existing graphics frameworks, safeguarding and improving stability and performance
- Work with the team on realizing their game vision while maintaining the time, frame and memory budgets
- Analyze and improve performance and memory footprint of graphics and pipeline features for all target platforms.
- Strong C++
- Experience with current rendering APIs (DirectX 12, Vulkan, Metal)
- Knowledge of industry-standard CPU and GPU architectures
- Good knowledge of advanced mathematics
- Solid understanding of multi-threading rendering architectures
- Experience with game engines
- Good oral and written English
What We Bring
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget 80€.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For further information please check www. and www.duesseldorf.ubisoft.com and www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop