Brand Director [Anno] (f/m/d)
Mainz - Full-time - 743999851032331
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As Brand Director on the Anno team, you will define the overall brand strategy, including brand extension, brand positioning, and global marketing campaigns, leading cross-functional teams in their execution of those plans for all games under the ANNO brand.
Taking charge of a brand with almost 25 years of history, you bring your passion and experience in strategic brand management to further elevate its reach, its potential, and its impact.
Within our production studio, you will work closely with the Creative leadership team, Executive Producer, and Community Developer, to shape the strategic vision of the brand. In coordination with the global marketing teams, you develop and facilitate the implementation of the marketing strategy for all games under the brand, throughout their life cycle (from conception to live), while ensuring that they meet player expectations.
What you will do:
- Define a strategic long-term plan for the Anno brand over a multi-year time frame
- Identify key-success opportunities for the brand
- Use marketing insights to inform and elevate the creative team’s vision
- Supervise the marketing strategy of each game and side-product under this brand
- Inform and inspire the creation of new game concepts, from defining a target audience to supporting the high-level game experience
What you bring:
You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in operational marketing and strategic brand management, working with production teams ideally in the AAA video game, or entertainment industry.
- Extensive experience in developing, defining, and shaping a brand’s identity
- Extensive experience within the marketing ecosystem with the knowledge, motivation, and drive to quickly understand new markets and adjust to changes in their dynamics and completive landscape
- Demonstrated ability to establish and communicate a clear vision in a way that elevates, inspires, and motivates strategic partners and cross-functional teams in their execution of this vision
- Strong ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects, to anticipate problems, manage resources, and drive things forward
- You are an empathetic people manager with an ambitious but down to earth attitude, while striving for excellence
- Passion for videogames and familiarity with different video game media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/