C++ Backend Programmer Intern [Ubisoft Connect PC & Access] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf - Intern - 743999757452236
About Ubisoft Connect
At Ubisoft Connect, a division of Ubisoft, you’ll help bring millions of players closer than ever to the games they love.
Together with your colleagues, you'll collaborate with AAA production teams to build critical online and interface tools that enhance players' experiences and connect them to their communities. From exclusive rewards to social sharing features, you and your team of fellow innovators will bring about impactful technological advancements regularly.
Joining Ubisoft Connect means joining a team of passionate, extraordinary people driven by a common desire to innovate and create. Not only will you work across a variety of platforms, but you’ll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies currently available. You’ll also enjoy career advancement opportunities, a supportive and inclusive learning environment, and a competitive compensation package.
Located in Düsseldorf, we offer a work environment unique in the industry; one that will help refine your abilities while simultaneously developing a unified vision of the online services that power our games.
What You'll Do
As part of the production team, you will be involved in the development of features and components related to uploading and downloading game builds from our infrastructure.
You will be using a variety of technologies and programming languages, primarily modern C++ and databases, for our backend solutions, which are developed with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, designers and testers where everyone is willing to share their knowledge and are encouraged to evolve every day.
- Writing clear, modular and maintainable code.
- Work on the server backend and internal tools of Ubisoft Connect. This covers topics such as: game data distribution, network architecture, database management, game related data management, server monitoring, API integrations, etc.
- Be part of an agile team and do the technical design and implementation/improvements of new features
- Testing, debugging, profiling and maintaining existing code.
What You Bring
You are seeking the opportunity to contribute with your own passions to one of the biggest gaming platforms, while expanding your experience and knowledge every day.
- Confident in Modern C++ (C++11 and newer)
- Basic knowledge in SQL (ideally MySQL)
- Basic idea of Asynchronous Programming
Nice to have:
C#, Python, OpenStack, WinAPI, Protocol Buffers, RESTful APIs, Network Security, Akamai, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, NoSQL, ElasticSearch
What We Bring
- 6 Months paid Internship with possibility of a junior programmer position afterwards.
- 24 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Our Ubisoft Academy offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
For further information please check: www.bluebyte.de